William Sutton joined the USF Muma College of Business as a professor and director of the Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program. A distinguished academician and a proven sports marketing practitioner, Sutton teaches courses in Sport Marketing and Sales and Fundraising in Sports.
Bill was inducted into the College of Education Hall of Fame in 2003. He has authored more than 200 publications in journals such as Sport Marketing Quarterly, Journal of Sport Management, and the International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship. He is also a co-author of two texts: Sport Marketing and Sport Promotion and Sales Management and is co-editor of the Handbook of Sport Marketing Research.
- Tampa Bay Sports Commission Board Member (2013- )
- Folds of Honor Foundation Board Member (2009 – )
- Orlando Magic Youth Foundation (OMYF) (2005-)
- President – Sport Marketing Association (2008-09, 2009-10)
- University of Central Florida Athletic Advisory Board (2005-2007)